Wednesday, July 9, 2008

(This one's for you , Megan! Hee.)

I'm stealing this idea from Sparks and Butterflies for a BlogHer disclaimer. I've had the great fortune to meet a group of bloggers already on my home turf and I have been able to start friendships with an amazing group of women. BlogHer is my opportunity to do this again on a higher scale. That being said, I've already shown you mah bewbs and mah shoes, but here are some not-so nice-things to know.

1. Blogher parties = free drinks
free drinks = drunk Bri
sober Bri = sweet, kind Bri
drunk = funny, honest, snarky Bri (emphasis on snarky)
Please for the sake of all that you consider holy, DON'T let me drink vodka!!

2. I find many things funny that, um, others don't. I have unintentionally pissed people off by giggling inappropriately at something they said. I NEVER mean to offend, but, uh, it happens.

3. I have grown from a painfully shy adolescent to a shy adult who fakes social confidence really well. I'm also a listener and observer first, then a talker.

4. I like hugging. I may hug you. I don't bite, though, so that's a plus. I'll only lick if you ask.

5. I am extremely picky about food, so an unfamiliar eating environment makes me more nervous than the socializing.

6. I'm probably what you would call skinny, but I wasn't anywhere close to that a year and a half ago, so it's really hard to think of myself that way. I say this because if I say something about food or weight and you say something like, whatever you're skinny, like you ever had to worry about food, I'm likely to get pissy about it. Not your fault, totally mine, but there it is.

7. I'm about to start my period (wow, oversharing), so at least I won't be hormonal there. (though I am hormonal here. Can you tell?)

8. I'm not the best commenter, but I read tons of blogs, so if you give me your blog card, I will go and read, but I don't always know what to say, so I lurk a lot.

Pretty sure that's the worst of it, blech, let's talk about clothes next, k?

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hmmm?? Ain't nothin there
    Bri said...
    I know. stupid blogger ate it. Fixed now. ;)
    Missy said...
    Drunk Bri sounds like fun! I can't wait to meet her.

    And I'm hoping I do well on the faking confidence thing.
    Anonymous said...
    Have I told you how jealous I am that you are going to blogher?
    Amy in Ohio said...
    Looking forward to meeting you.

    Are you like a gremlin with the vodka? I'm kinda curious now.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online