Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Korean War Veterans Memorial
This is part two of my '04 vacation...beginning with these guys...this was my favorite war memorial just because these statues look so incredibly real it gives you goosebumps...





...it really looks like they might start moving at any second...


A close up of one of the soldiers...really amazing work



This is my Dad...you can see in the polished granite the reflection of the soldiers like ghosts...





The Lincoln Memorial
It always feels strange to me when I visit a place that I've seen in movies...sitting at the top of the steps is like deja vu times ten.



Lincoln Himself
This is way bigger than it looks....



The Capital Building
under construction along with just about every other tourist attraction that summer...we weren't able to get in on our second day...you have to be there at 7am and get in line for tickets...which means that we would have to leave the hotel at 5:30am which was so not happening, we were on vacation after all...




Arlington National Cemetery
where you can find JFK and Robert Kennedy, the tomb of the unknown soldier, and the changing of the guard...



Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
this pretty much speaks for itself...

When my Dad found out he could be buried here, he was really excited...he was ready to start making plans that very second...Mom looked at him, shook her head, and said, "If you think I'm carting your dead ass halfway across the country instead of planting you at home, you're crazy!" I may have exaggerated a (tiny) bit for effect, but you get the idea....

many more pics to come......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online