Monday, December 31, 2007

Year end meme up

I found this meme at Red Stapler, and it made me very nervous, which instantly made me want to do it. (of course)

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Took an overnight vacation to Chicago by myself (which I really liked, except for the driving)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, and my only resolution for this year is to make more conscious decisions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

One of my best friends from high school got married and his wife gave birth this summer.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I don't really know how to answer this question.

5. What countries did you visit?
I barely went anywhere this year, no more than a few hours away, and no new states.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A career rather than a gig. More sex, and a stable relationship would be nice.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 2, my 30th birthday, when I found out I was going to miscarry, and April 28, my friend's wedding reception, where I desperately tried to hide how miserable and angry I was about my life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Surviving mostly intact and realizing that it's OK to be sad if something terrible happens, you don't have to jump back up and keep moving as if nothing happened, even if that would make others more comfortable.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Continuing to allow someone to influence my life.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not really.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

new clothes for the new me

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My friend Dan was barely a friend before this year, but he really stepped up and was there for me when I needed him.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My ex, whose "I want you"/"Stay away from me" back and forth I participated in for far too long.

The government and the media continues to appall and depress me.

14. Where did most of your money go?

New apartment, living expenses and new clothes

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Nothing really

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

anything by A Fine Frenzy

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder?
Way sadder
b) thinner or fatter?
thinner, strange how that works
c) richer or poorer?

about the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

exploring my new city

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

hiding in my apartment

20. How did you spend Christmas?

In Mt. Vernon with my family, which was nice, I had a lot of time to think and made some decisions that I had been putting off.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Nope

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Chuck is one of the new ones that I really enjoy and actually look forward to watching every week.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Hate is too strong...it's more like severe disappointment.

24. What was the best book you read?

I read too much to answer this one, but I'm currently reading "Round Ireland with a fridge" by Tony Hawks which is hilarious.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

A Fine Frenzy and Brandi Carlile

26. What did you want and get?

To learn how to knit.

27. What did you want and not get?

Peace of mind. Closure.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or The Bourne Ultimatum

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

refer to question #7

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Uncomplicated companionship with someone of the opposite sex

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

a little retro, a little modern, soft swinging dresses and fun shoes

32. What kept you sane?

This assumes that I am sane, and there are those that would argue that point. friends, family (especially my sister, which is a shock), shopping, and work

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Matt Damon (I don't know how you could watch the Bourne Ultimatum and not want to take him home in your pocket for later.)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Health care.

35. Who did you miss?

my grandpa, who has been gone for a long time now, but I find myself dreaming of him and my ex who was gone, and then not gone, and then gone again.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I haven't really "met" any new people this year, but thanks to NaBloPoMo, I have begun a fledgling relationship with some bloggers and I am pleased as punch that they find me interesting enough to read what I have to say.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Just because you have figured out what you want and where you're going, does not mean the others around you can do the same thing. (you would think that I would be used to this by now)

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I've been kind of all over the place this year, up, down, and all around, but I guess now you would put me about here....."Hope for the Hopeless" by A Fine Frenzy
You can find the lyrics for the whole song here: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/afinefrenzy/hopeforthehopeless.html

These are the bits that really resonated with me over the weekend:

Making the best of it
Playing the hand you get
You're not alone in this

There's hope for the hopeless
There's hope for the hopeless
There's hope






This meme is courtesy of Linda at Sundry Mourning, who is keeping track of the players. So let her know if you decide to go along for the ride.

All I can say is thank god this year is over, and I'm crossing my fingers that things improve in the new year, I know I'm off to a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online