Tuesday, December 18, 2007

While driving to work this morning, I took 44E, cuz with the 64/40 mess, it's actually easier for me to swing around downtown and up to UMSL, my school and work. (pretty convenient that way). For the last couple of months, they have been making improvements to the pavement and recently began restriping, uh....different lanes...because???? I have no idea what or why, but, you know, urban living and all that...I deal. BUT, and this is a big one (not to be confused with my butt, which is big too)um...shouldn't they, I don't know....FINISH the lanes before reopening them??!!!! Since I can't get a pic of this travesty, let me illustrate with a lovely drawing......

Ok, my photoshop drawing skills are not the best, but you get the idea. How is this ok? You literally lose your lane and have to quickly pick a new one going 60+mph and pray that there isn't another car that wants that lane too. HELLLLOOO!!!!! Seriously?

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    The impending 40 close down (or the Apocolypse, as I like to call it) is really bringing out MoDot's creativity. I'm glad I work/live way-way-way out in the opposite direction.
    Gwyn said...
    Wow.. I pretty much hate driving as it is. That is the stuff of nightmares for me.
    Kennis said...
    OMG lol. I would have a nervous breakdown. Thanks for the diagram though...I can now truly understand your frustration.
    Anonymous said...
    I forgot to comment when you first posted this, but I ran along it again in the feed.

    OMG, 44 restriping, DIE.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online