Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is the time.....

when I'm so excited that I'm probably going to have something to say everyday.

I decided last night not to take my laptop to BlogHer. Here's why:

  1. That fucker is heavy.
  2. And old. The battery is useless, so if I needed to use it, it has to be plugged in.
  3. I really don't think I'll actually have time to use it. 4 days, new friends, drinking=lack of blogging time
  4. I can twitter without it
  5. Since I'm staying at the hostel, I won't really have somewhere to leave it behind.
  6. I'm going to be carrying a camera plus an extra lens and I only have two hands
  7. I bought a 2nd sd card for the camera, which doubles the number of photos I can take.
  8. If I do need to empty one of the cards (and frankly, I probably will) I can always borrow someone's laptop momentarily to send the pics to my yahoo briefcase or flickr (can I get the photos to my computer from flickr? Anyone know?)
  9. San Francisco will be a lot of walking, do I really want to carry one more thing? I vote no.
So, here's what I'm thinking...there are a couple of ways that I can send updates here and I already know that I'll be twittering like mad, so if you want to follow me on my trip, now's the time. My Twitter page is here and I'll see what I can set up for the blog.

p.s. One more thing, we were given an opportunity to have a lunch demonstration with Rocco Dispirito (one of those celebrity chefs who is quite nice to look at) There was limiting seating, so we had to email to get in and it was a first come, first serve kind of thing. I received an email today that said that I got in, so that will be fun.

3 Comments:

  1. Neil said...
    I think you are smart. While it is cool to have your laptop with you in order to go online, I think it is better to truly enjoy yourself without having to schlep something around all day.
    KBO said...
    What hostel are you staying at?
    Anonymous said...
    You know I hate you...OMG..The Closer no Rocco.. Ugghh.. You know what, I told you to twitter and I won't even READ the twitters, I'll be in Hilton Head on vacation! I won't get back til the 26th..I'll catch up then

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online