Friday, July 18, 2008

Update from BlogHer!

I am writing this on a computer terminal at the hostel and I realized yesterday that with all I have to talk about, you all are going to get so sick of hearing about it before I run out of steam. Sorry? ;)

A couple of things that are too long for twitter:

I met two women in the lobby last night looking for the People's Party. I noticed that they looked as confused as I did and asked them if they knew where they were going. We've been hanging out ever since. I haven't been to their blogs yet, but if their personalities are any indication, I will be a loyal reader from now on. I'll link to all the blogs I've discovered when I get home, cuz I've met some kickass women, and the weekend has just started.

Dana from Mamalogues was invited to an event by Nintendo and graciously offered to take me along, so that's where I'm going tonight as soon as I go to the BlogHer party to get autographs for MP. (MP, it IS people from The Closer and Saving Grace! How much do you love me right now?!)

I had a bit of a crazy moment this morning when it all just became too much, but I'm feeling much better now. The whole thing feels sort of surreal, like I shouldn't be here, like it couldn't really be ME doing all this, but it IS, which kinda blows my mind.

There's a picture of me and The Bloggess in front of some urinals floating about out there and I want a copy!!

I discovered that planes and I do not get along. Apparently my allergy/sinus issues make the pressure feeling you get when a plane is descending much worse than it should be cuz it feels like someone is shoving a sharp pencil in my ear. It's not supposed to feel like that, apparently, so my plan is to get the strongest decongestant known to man and take it monday for each flight. Keep your fingers crossed, I'd really like to avoid curling up in a fetal position in my seat this time. ;)

I'll try to stop again for a bit, but right now I want to get back outside while it's still nice. See you later!

6 Comments:

  1. KBO said...
    You deserve to be there! Have fun.
    Anonymous said...
    I heard that Jenny was partying with people in the mens toilets.

    How cool that it was you! Like 2 of my chicks together!
    Anonymous said...
    oh, how fun! i can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
    Anonymous said...
    Bri,
    It was nice meeting you in the hall! Have a nice trip back to St. Louis.
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for posting about it. I didn't get to go this year, and am bummed, so I'm travleing around blogs reading about the great times that were had. I hadn't heard about the Nintendo party yet. I'll have to track that one down.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm home..did you get me autographs??

    It is going to take forever to get all caught up..I can't wait to read all your posts and hear about your experiences..sorry to hear about your car :-(

    Let me know if you want a good car cheap, I know a guy..

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online