Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I was going to go out for dinner. I didn't really feel like cooking and I would have to thaw something out, blah blah blah LAZY! But, then I remembered the cans of crescent roll dough in the fridge and thought, "What can I wrap that around that would taste good?" Mmmm, chicken! Just like that, Fajita Chicken Wraps are born! I knew it could be horrible, but I photographed everything anyway and intended to blog whatever happened. Just my luck, they tasted good, huh? First, as PW always does, the cast of characters:

IMGP8576

Ortega taco sauce (which I decided to just use after cooking if it needed a kick), pepper, salt, fajita seasoning packet, olive oil (which I keep in squeeze bottles, an idea I saw on the food network), shredded cheese, crescent roll dough, and chicken(I buy meat in bulk and divide into individual freezer bags for meals)

Start with your chicken: I just turned the burner on medium and squirted out enough oil to keep the chicken from sticking.

IMGP8577

Brown your chicken(whatever you have),and season with salt and pepper.

IMGP8578

When the chicken is cooked through, lower the heat and tear apart with a fork.

IMGP8579

Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and sprinkle the fajita seasoning in(I used about a 1/3 of the packet, the packet is enough for 1 pound of chicken) Stir until the seasoning is dissolved and simmer until it thickens to a sauce. Turn off heat.

Open the can of dough and unroll. Tear off a triangle.

IMGP8580

Place a bite or two of chicken and a pinch of shredded cheese in each one and roll up.

IMGP8581

Like this. If I had had some veggies, peppers and onions, I would have used them, being careful to cook the veggies down to get as much water out as possible. But, this was a spur of the moment dish and this is what I had.

IMGP8582

When you have them all rolled up, arrange in a greased baking dish and sprinkle some more cheese. (If you use a full pound of chicken, you'll need 2 cans of crescent rolls and a 9x13 baking dish.) Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until the crescents are golden brown. Mine took about 20 minutes.

IMGP8583

Almost done

IMGP8584

Yum!! Served with some canned sweet corn and a smidge of tace sauce that I didn't even need. These little babies were super easy and would make good party food I think. Once they cooled some, I could pick them up and eat them like a homemade hot pocket. lol Makes me feel all domestic!

Now I'm thinking all kinds of things that would be good in there; bacon, bbq pork, pepperoni...the possibilities are endless!

6 Comments:

  1. Rosemary/sonrie said...
    these look so delicious - I will have to try to make them
    Mocha said...
    Sometimes I ask myself, "What can I wrap my mouth around that would taste good?" and it's usually something like a fajita chicken roll-up.

    Whatever you thought I was going to say, just stop. You're gross.

    But they looked great! (I'm serious. I may try them!)
    Anonymous said...
    Yum...that looks really yummy...
    Anonymous said...
    That looks really good...you could make all different fillings.
    Still Patrice said...
    Ok...that looks good... it's quick and easy... I think i'm going to make that tonight (or sometime soon)
    Nathan said...
    I love opening those tubes of cressant rolls. That pop they makes when you peal the paper back gives me pleasure. A pleasure I just can't describe.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online