Saturday, August 23, 2008

I had this post planned, but didn't have time to write it before going to work and then realized at 1am, that oops! I still hadn't written it. I have two things for you today. A really awesome site for shoe searching and a fashion poll.

First up, shopstyle.com

Oh my shopping god! How did I not know about this?! And if you knew, why didn't you tell me?!

EASIEST WAY TO SEARCH FOR SHOES ON THE INTERNETS EVAH!!!!!

go to the site. Go on. Well, wait I have to tell you about it first. WAIT!! Whew!! Ok. The above link will take you to the main page. Now, if you are a boot junkie like I am, hover over shoes and scroll down to boots. Now click. You now have 441 some odd pages of boots. But, lets say you have a budget and you can only spend $150 or less on your next fabulous pair. On the left side you'll see refine by and several options. Click on price. Now click on 0-$25, $25-$50, AND, $50-$150. Click ok. Now you should have about 205 pages. This site gives you all the best items from all your favorite places; piperlime, target, zappos, dillard's, nordstroms, and many , many more! If you hover over a shoe you like, it will give you some details from the outside source, sizes available, and get this! It will even allow you to set a sale alert. The site will send you an email when the price goes down!! I am in love. Another thing I really like is how it scrolls between pages, you don't have to click through pages, just hit the right arrow on your keyboard and it scrolls across. Once you set the search parameters, you don't have to leave the page until you find that perfect item. If you click on an item, it takes you the original site. I've only looked so far, not ready to buy yet, and I haven't looked at anything besides shoes, but it was enough. shopstyle.com sits very prominently in my bookmarks. Go check it out!!

Next! I have a question. I don't know if you remember when I said that I lost a ton of weight over the past year and a half or so. Well , I did. And now I'm left with all the pants that haven't fit since last fall. I kept them in the top of my closet, thinking that I would gain most of the weight back, but I haven't. It's stayed off for more than 8 months now and I need to decide what to do with all of them. Do I pack them away in the basement storage room just in case or do I give them away? Opinions? Take the poll in the left sidebar, please. Thank you !!
(In case you are curious, I have 12's, 13's, and 14's in the pile.)

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hey bri. if you still like the pants, they are made out of great material, and want to spend the money, you could have them tailored to fit your body now. i'm not sure how much it would cost, though. i think it depends on how much weight you've lost and how much work needs to be done to fit them correctly.

    if you don't do that, i would chuck them. i'm not into hanging on to clothes. of course, i get to start getting rid of things now that i'm done making babies!
    Anonymous said...
    I would hang on to a 12..just in case and donate the 13's and 14's. Or like mommymae said...if you lurve a pair get them tailored, do you more good than sitting on the shelf.
    Anonymous said...
    OH...5 hours later..PS:
    I used that site..found petite pants and shirt on sale for $30 at kohles..and bought them.
    Anonymous said...
    I love fashion..! Online shopping is a finest way to get latest fashion accessories.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online