Friday, August 1, 2008

I was channel surfing a couple of days ago, and I saw a commercial for a new mascara. Now, usually, I snicker at the claims, (Curl activating! No clumps! Won't smudge! Lifts and Separates! Er, wait.) but I was intrigued by this idea. Mascara made with natural ingredients. Hmmm, ok, I'll give it a shot. So, I went to my neighborhood Target and picked one up.

Something you should understand up front is that I wear mascara every day. Other than some concealer and the occasional lip gloss, it's the only thing I put on my face. My requirements for a good mascara: stays put when my allergy eyes act up, doesn't irritate my contacts, will stay put all day, yet come off when I ask nicely, and inexpensive. (I spend my money on books and clothes, not makeup.) I can usually get one or two of those, but never all of them. So, I'm willing to give a new product a try, but I'm pretty skeptical to their claims, especially if there are "sciency" words involved that make little to no sense.

Intrigued? I bought Loreal Bare Naturale Mascara.

Cos3h_1_large The verdict? Awesome! I expected it to be a nice color and I even thought it would leave my lashes soft and natural feeling, but I was sure I would be wearing it on my cheekbones by the end of the day, if it didn't rub off altogether. I was wrong.

I put it on this morning at 9:30am when I got to work. (I slept late and didn't have time for much of anything this morning.) What sort of test did it pass? My allergies were acting up something fierce, I had itchy eyes and throat all day. I had 2 hormone-induced crying jags, and it was so hot, at one point I was afraid my shoes would melt. Let's just say that there was a lot of sweating and leave it at that, shall we? When I finally got home at 8pm, (yes, 12 hours after I left), it was still there and where I left it. Touching my lashes, I can hardly tell it's there, and it only cost me $7.99. All requirements met, can't beat that. So, here's what I say....if you like the natural makeup look, this one is for you. It's my new favorite for every day wear. No kidding.

This is my first attempt at Fashion Friday, what do you think? I'm also cross posting this at BlogHer's BeautyHacks. Every day women, talking about their favorite products and tips, the brain child of the lovely Susan, who I had the delight to meet at Blogher '08.

3 Comments:

  1. Kennis said...
    Love it for a FF post :). I feel the same way about mascara...just never can find one I like. Now I have a new one to try :). Thanks.
    Anonymous said...
    I hardly ever wear any make up..I should but I don't. I do need a new mascara..I'll try this one when I'm in the market..
    Anonymous said...
    I am sold!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online