Friday, October 10, 2008

The Family Grapevine

A couple of days ago, my favorite aunt called and because I love her to pieces and she loves me to pieces right back, I answered the phone even though I hate talking on the phone except in rare instances. Anyway, I answered it and let her yell at me for not returning her calls and then I did something incredibly stupid. She asked me what I was so busy doing that I couldn't answer the phone and I lost my mind and told her I'd been dating someone new. Now, you see, that should have been that, but my aunt goes from zero to gossip in 3.4 seconds, so I shouldn't have been surprised to find an email in my inbox from my mother the next morning asking what was going on, and I wasn't but I did laugh for a really long time.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get another call with pointed questions, I come from a very nosy people. ;)

2 Comments:

  1. Kennis said...
    Gah! You shortened it! (caught you, lol)

    I fought with myself over leaving a comment - I wanted to, but just couldn't put anything into words. The blog I have now is not my first one (or second or third, lol) and I've run into what you had mentioned...until I got to the point where I am now - I just don't care anymore. BUT - there is still a lot I leave out.

    See - I'm not making any sense at all...just wanted you to know I supported and understand what you wrote - and the 'bloody hell' at the bottom made me laugh :).
    Anonymous said...
    Awe...they really love you #1 and they are nosy #2..

    We'll have to double date one night..

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online