Wednesday, July 18, 2007

..but I'm lazy right now, it's frakking HOT!!!!



The St. Louis Skyline
"borrowed" from the internet...you get the full view of the Arch...the riverboats chugging along on the Mississippi...and it's an old picture, so you get the old Busch Stadium which is now more open and covered in red brick...it's supposed to hold tons more people but it feels much smaller...at least the seats do....




Ahhhh St. Louis....Home of the Blues......




...the Cardinals baseball team...





...and the Rams.....




The only sports team that I even remotely follow is the Cardinals..I love going to the games. I once tried to explain the attraction of an American baseball game to a French penpal of mine, he just didn't understand how we could get so excited about what is such a slow moving game. Granted, I don't think I did a very good job because it's not really the game itself that does it for me, it's everything that I associate with it. The memories of games with my family in the nosebleeds...the year I went with my dad to see my high school team play in Busch stadium...how we spent the afternoon downtown and took one of the tourist helicopter rides that my mom would have vetoed in a heartbeat....the smell of hotdogs and beer in the stadium itself...the taste of lemonade...the first bite of a stadium hotdog...the crunch of peanut shells under your feet and fighting for the last one...using binoculars to pick out the hottest players with my mom....and just the general buzz of excitement that you can almost feel from the crowd...it's an awesome thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online