Thursday, October 4, 2007

Read this book!


As well as writing this blog, I also regularly read quite a few blogs out there. (some of which can be found on the lower right-hand side of this page) One of my favorite blogs is written by a thirty-something Southern woman living in Los Angeles named Laurie, though she's better known as Crazy Aunt Purl, the name of her website. When she announced that she had a book coming out, I was eager to read whatever she had to say, because I knew it would be honest, heart-felt, and funny as hell. I could relate to her Southern issues, her feelings of uncertainty after the break-up of her marriage and the "fine patina of cat hair" that seems to cover everything. She inspired me to find a yarn shop in my new neighborhood and finally learn to knit. (I can sew and I can crochet, but I couldn't find a single relative to teach me how to knit.)
I bought her book this week and loved it. I laughed, I cried, I lusted after the felted bracelet bags in the back of the book. Please, please, go check out the book which can be found at Borders or Barnes and Noble and visit her site.....www.crazyauntpurl.com!

1 Comment:

  1. OhTheJoys said...
    I'll have to check this one out!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online