Monday, October 1, 2007

One of my favorite things to do on Saturday mornings is wander around Soulard Market. There are tons of people, lots of things to look at and smell...and I feel like I'm doing something good for the world when I buy produce here rather than at Shop n' Save. I usually make at least three loops around before I feel like I've seen everything and it was all I could do not to take pictures of everything...but I'm still getting the hang of this taking pictures in public thing. Even though no one says anything, I feel like they're all staring at me, condemning me with their eyes...for something..."Stop taking pictures of my artfully displayed produce, woman! How dare you try to steal my soul with your black box of doom!" (Hello paranoia, my name is Bri.) le sigh
First up is my snack, because oh. my. god. funnelcake batter in the shape of a donut in a handy dandy mouth-sized morsel of heaven...with vanilla icing. So. good. These people should be knighted or given an oscar or kissed repeatedly, that's all I'm saying....ahem...moving on.
Next, a couple of still-lifes...lives...whatever...


Vegetables
or Romaine lettuce, which I have tried to like and continue to dislike no matter how much dressing is involved.....


And Fruit
pretty, pretty pears...they look like little dumpy ladies all lined up in row like that




Yeah, I chickened out after two pictures inside and took my happy ass out to the pretty streets...



...you can find these guys just outside the market on the park grounds...I don't know...they amuse me....




After wandering around the grounds, I took off down 9th Street to see what I could see. I am in love with the neighborhood...maybe after getting over the trauma of moving to my current apartment (which, frankly, may never happen) this may be where I land next.

Many of the buildings have little gardens where butterflies can be found....


I mean, really....how cute is this?


There are little concrete benches every where, just in case you feel the need for a breather while taking a walk.


I didn't, but I did squat down to take a picture and almost fell on my ass...



Everything is just so neat and pretty, though I'm sure it looks very different during Mardi Gras.

Further down the wall, I came across this gate...open and welcoming...


....back to the market and my car...all this walking has worn me out...time for a nap.








1 Comment:

  1. Bray Photo said...
    You still kill me!

    I still want to see you new place. We should hang out sometime... I could show you the finer points of taking photos in public...

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online