Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shoes

I wore one of my new t-shirts to work today. It says "Will Work 4 Shoes". This is meant in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, but also completely true. I have often felt like I work exclusively for the right to buy pretty shoes. At one time, I used "like Carrie on a Payless budget" on my Myspace about me section and I was perfectly serious.

One of my regulars at work stopped by today to ask me about it, he wanted to know why women like shoes so much and how long I've felt this way. I told him that a woman can look in a fashion magazine and know that none of those styles will fit her, but she will always look good in the shoes. It doesn't matter if you're a size 2 or a size 20, a great pair of shoes can make a crappy day brighter and shopping for the "perfect" pair for an occasion is a joy in itself. He asked me if all women feel this way and I started thinking....Is this a generational thing, or have woman always felt this way? I'll admit it, I'm a shoe junkie, I can honestly say that I have no idea how many pairs of shoes I actually own, but if you counted the flip-flops it's at least 50. It never stops, because there's always another excuse to buy a new pair. Your last pair of black heels fell apart? Buy a new pair. They are oh so sexy, but not very comfortable? No problem, just try again! Riding the metrolink to school is just an excuse to buy shoes. I can't do all that extra walking in sneakers. It will be COLD, I NEED boots! And I can't buy a black pair and not a brown one, cuz that would just be wrong!
So, here's some I found online that I'm currently lusting after....

Saxon Equileather Ladies Lace Up Paddock Boot

These are really cute and have a sort of equestrian vibe that would look good with jeans.







a.n.a® 'Amber' Leather Riding boot


These are full on riding boots from jcp.com. These would look great with skirts, which I would like to wear more of this winter. So, now I have a brown pair and a black pair, plus the brown knock-off uggs I bought last winter.......







a.n.a® 'Dale' Suede Cuff Boot


Also from jcp.com (who knew they had such cute stuff?)...These would also look great with skirts.....









Mudd® 'Origami' Lace-Up Boot

These are more like "slogging through the snow" boots and look toasty warm.

So, why are women so enamored with shoes? eh. I have no idea. But, there's just something about that perfect pair that completes an outfit that makes anything better, at least for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online