Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh, and also....

I went to the laundrymat (laundromat?) to wash all my clothes, because semester end+holiday season+bad cold+lazy+procrastination= lack of socks and underwear and...pretty much anything else. I actually have a washer and dryer in the basement that I own, but the water pressure here sucks so it takes almost as long to wash a load of laundry as it does to dry it. (plus, I'm lazy and it's cold down there and mwah!) So I took all my dirty clothes, sorted them into like colors and such and hauled the whole mess to the laundrymat on South Grand that is open 24/7 and has free wifi. I would have taken advantage of the wifi, but I had a new book to read and all this knitting, so I didn't bring my laptop...another time perhaps.
I have a lot of clothes. Say it with me...I have a lot of clothes. I didn't bring towels or sheets or any of that nonsense, just clothes. But, uh, by the time I finished folding everything and putting it back in the laundry bags, it was a little embarrassing.

I noticed this guy watching me and he was frankly making me a little nervous, but when he finally came over to talk to me.......
Stranger: Are those all yours? (pointing at the MOUNDS of clothing)
Me: Yeah, I know, it's really sad.
Stranger: Wow, and I thought I had a lot.

Look at that! Random strangers are alarmed by how much clothing I own! (And I didn't tell him about the summer stuff I have packed away.) As soon as I get it all hung up, though, I won't need to do laundry again for at least a month, maybe two. That's gotta be worth something.

4 Comments:

  1. MP said...
    I'm sure you look cute..Unlike me who realizes I had on these pants Friday and this turtle neck on Wednesday...at least you have choices in clothes..am I right?
    Kennis said...
    I'm with mp...lol. I have about 3 'outfits' which means I have to wask clothes every day, resort to pulling out the old/worn out clothes in the back of the closet, or re-wear. I usually re-wear...ewwww I know, but its not like I actually do anything to get dirty..lol. How dirty can someone get while blogging??

    Was the guy cute??
    MP said...
    Look..you got spam!
    You can always tell by the broken English..and when you read that, please tell me you read it like that..I'm not the only weird one, am I?
    House of Jules said...
    I just had to leave a comment in reaction to your tweet regarding McD's sweet tea. I thought I was the only one... it's good to know I'm not alone in my addiction. If the Chicago McD's ever stop serving it, I'm going to be in serious trouble.
    Jules
    House of Jules

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online