Friday, January 18, 2008

Seminary Hunt

Driving east on Watson, I always see this tower rising out of the hill. The building itself, is always shrouded in darkness, but the top of the tower glows like a beacon.

Being the nosy creature that I am, I HAD to know, and last night I decided to investigate. You never know how hilly St. Louis is until you go wandering in and out of residential neighborhoods, trying to keep a glowing tower in sight. My poor car struggled up and down, up and down.

Closer now.....
Ah ha!!!

Kenrick Theological Seminary or Kenrick-Glennon Seminary
The building is amazing, and I regret that I can't show what it really looks like up close, but here I am in the tiny drive beneath the tower. I'm not a fan of organized religion, but Catholicism has filled St. Louis with amazing architecture in the form of churches, cemeteries, and monuments. I find it all fascinating.
Ah ha! I found their website! Click here to see the school.

1 Comment:

  1. MP said...
    This is really at a pretty high point..I live closer to the "crazy house" on Aresenal which is the highest point in the city..and from my house looking out the window you can see see..wild huh? juts the tippy top...but still!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online