Saturday, May 3, 2008

So...my female issues this week have given me a sense of unreasonable anger that I have been taking out on everyone around me. (I apologized to my co-workers ahead of time just in case, it was that. bad.)

I decided to take a walk to return a movie to the redbox tonight and I asked my friend if she would stay on the phone with me as I walked since, well, I don't live in the best neighborhood.

The walk was uneventful until I was almost back to my building and I walked past a truck idling on the curb. I was trying to avoid eye contact, cuz that what I do, when the guy sitting in the truck said, "Hey", so to be polite I said, "Hey" back.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED PEOPLE!!!!

I kept walking and heard him say, "You working tonight?", but since that didn't make any sense to be said to me, I figured he was talking to someone else. But he repeated himself. "You working tonight?" I literally looked down at myself to make sure I was still wearing the outfit I put on earlier. "Uh, no. I just walked to the grocery store and back." He couldn't hear me over the truck and I had to repeat myself a couple of times until he said, "Oh, well I thought you were working." "Well, I'm not." And I hurried a little faster, incensed and muttering to my friend. What the fuck? Who says that? How could you possibly look at what I'm wearing and think hooker? Was that a come on? What was I supposed to do, simper and assure him that I may look expensive, but I'm just easy? (Are you seeing why I had to apologize to co-workers?) I told my friend that it was a good thing I had been on the phone with her, I probably would have shot my mouth off and gotten kidnapped or worse. I took a picture. Oh YES I DID! So be brutally honest...do I look like a hooker to you?



This was almost immediately after getting back to my apartment. Sorry it's a little blurry, but I was still pissed.

5 Comments:

  1. Sarah said...
    WHAT DID I TELL YOU BOUT WORKING THE CORNER! DAMNIT BRI! You know you aren't supposed to do that without me!
    House of Jules said...
    Unbelievable! You do NOT look like a hooker!!!

    I hope your week gets better....
    Jules
    House of Jules
    Still Patrice said...
    I would've beeb pissed sans womanly issues. I mean who ask that. btw cute top!
    Tempered Woman said...
    welllllllll, since you asked.
    heh
    Not fair to show off the girls if you aren't gonna let them come out to play. I think the guy was honestly just really hoping you might put out cause you're so damn cute. Maybe his mama taught him "you'll never know unless you ask."
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Jakki said...
    You have got to be kidding?! My luck, I would say something, the guy would be an undercover cop and I would get arrested for solicitation...

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online