Thursday, June 5, 2008

Soooo, the road trip thing fell through, but then they announced that they had hostel rooms available less than a block away from the hotel where the conference was taking place. Whooo! I've never stayed in a hostel before, neato! So, all that was left was paying for the airfare. I was telling my friend, J, about the situation and the camera I've been trying to win on ebay, when he started to look at me funny.

"What?"

"Why don't you just use the money for the camera on airfare?"

"Um, I don't know?"

"That didn't occur to you until I said something did it?"

Oh. my. god. It didn't. Hello tunnel vision. I was determined to go to BlogHer with a better camera. So determined that I almost couldn't go. Am. IDIOT. So thanks, J, for pointing out the obvious!

So, in the next few days, I will be setting up my travel arrangements and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing crazy happens in the meantime.

(If you knew how absolutely bat shit crazy it makes me to actually pay for a vacation this far in advance you would all be giving me a giant hug. Just saying here that I'm definitely going makes me want to throw up. Yes, I really am that neurotic.)

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    DUH..Good idea!

    I'm so excited and jealous for you..we twitted yesterday that Fluid Pudding and I and whoever else isn't going to blogher will all go to Chocolate Bar..
    You better twitter from CA :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Yippee! Sometimes the excitement clogs our genius (hence the camera/airfare zip). Have an awesome trip!!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online