Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update:

Well, I'm still moving around, just slowly. No Naked Monday this week, sorry. Between working, laundry for BlogHer, and my discomfort, I wasn't inspired to share this week. Next week, though, will be Naked BlogHer! Hee.

I am doing well, no lasting damage to anything but my car. She wasn't much to look at and I guess I can be thankful that at least the car wasn't a great financial loss, just really bad timing. I've never been one of those people who thinks, if I hadn't gone to McDonald's to get a breakfast sandwich and a sweet ice tea, I wouldn't be in this situation. But when I stumbled out of my crumpled car, wearing that sweet tea, it was hard not to, especially as the green light was still staring right at me.

I've never had an accident like this before and I found that it was harder to recover from mentally than physically. I am starting to get my head back on straight, though, and thank god I live in an urban environment with public transportation. A bus and an mp3 player is all I need. ;) I should have a car of some sort next week, if nothing else, it seems I will be borrowing a family vehicle until I figure out a more permanent solution. Right now, I'm dealing with the lovely hassles of insurance companies and towing a car. Here's hoping the bruising on my ribs fades by thursday, cuz laughing, one of my very favorite activities, is painful at the moment. ;)

Thank you everyone, for the well wishes, I appreciate it more than you know. :)

5 Comments:

  1. Tempered Woman said...
    Glad to hear you are ok!! So sorry there are such idiots out there. I have a feeling BlogHer is going to be terrible medicine causing you to engage in your favorite activity WAY too much! ;-)
    Lara said...
    Lots of pain pills + BlogHer parties = all good :)

    I hope you are feeling better soon. The mental piece is true - it can take a while to get back to yourself.
    Glad you are ok, though. See you Thursday!
    Raquita said...
    Glad you are okay and we'll get you up and gigglin in no time!
    Anonymous said...
    Where were you at Hampton Villiage McDonalds?
    It is a mental thing..it's like post tramatic stress disorder or something. AND it's totally out of your control..

    That is some scary shit even if you don't have any broken bones.

    Don't over do it!
    cadiz12 said...
    that sucks! good to hear you're ok, though. public transpo isn't bad once you get used to it.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online