Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ok, I know I haven't been very forthcoming with the whole internet dating thing, but the truth is, there haven't been any crazy stories to tell. The few guys I've gone on dates with have all been perfectly nice, not a weird one in the bunch. Even the guys I've emailed have been nice and interesting. I'm telling you, there are a surprising number of guys in St. Louis looking for dates online, whether they are tired of the bar scene or just shy. I've tried to keep everything friendly until I could wrap my mind around the whole idea of dating someone again. Not because I'm afraid of getting hurt, but because it is just in my nature to sort of step back, observe, weigh and measure until I've figured out what I'd like to have happen. I've been stuck in this holding pattern of being by myself and thinking only of myself for so long, the entire life on this blog, actually. I thought of the whole match.com thing as a lark, I REALLY did not think anything would come of it. REALLY. So, I've been completely blindsided to meet someone I like, who seems to like me back. I won't say any more than that, cause I don't want to jinx it, but I just wanted y'all to know that the whole thing is going well.

I had a date tonight and came home with my head all in the clouds and went to go lay down with a book when it occurred to me that I hadn't seen my cat since I came home. Yes, I locked her out on the balcony, again. le sigh She was not pleased. ;) Here's a photo of her I took a few days ago, wearing one of those buff things they wear on Survivor.

6 Comments:

  1. Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...
    THat's SO EXCITING!!!!!!!

    Not about the cat but about the boy!!! I think Roanoke is too small.

    IT just dawned on me that I know a single man in St. Louis. I don't know why it dawned on me just now. Perhaps if things don't work with the new one, I can play matchmaker... lol

    Of course, maybe he's not single anymore... but he was a few months ago...

    and now I'm rambling! Hope to hear more soon!
    Anonymous said...
    Hey, it IS possible to be shy and geeky and yet still cool in some way. Just look at me!

    (Um, OK, I'd probably appreciate it if there weren't any follow-up comments to that statement...unless they are all positive of course!)

    Still, my wife thinks I'm cool 'cause of the whole music thing, so I've got that going for me.
    Kennis said...
    I love that things are going well - I had been wondering :). I had hoped for some crazy funny stories...but perhaps its better to not have them for once, lol.

    wishing you all the best :))
    Anonymous said...
    I think the lack of crazy weird dating stories is definitely a good thing and no need to apologize. If I was single I'd definitely try out online dating. And I think I'm pretty normal, so there's gotta be other nice, normal people out there, dating online.
    Anonymous said...
    I think it's awesome..all my friends that did internet dating have totally enjoyed it and met really nice people.

    Survivor Kitty is an awesome shot!
    Jason, as himself said...
    Good luck with all this! I met my guy through a newspaper personal ad, you know. They're not all freaks.

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online